Feasts and Famines

  

If you are a regular visitor to this blog you know that it has been awhile since I have posted anything. There are a few reasons for this. One, I simply have not felt inspired to write anything, and since I try not to post just for the sake of posting, I haven't. The other is that I have been bit a bit pre-occupied with some upcoming things in my life in general (never good for the creative process), first and foremost, an annulment hearing at the end of this month. While I really am not worried about this, it is a little bit of a cross looming in the distance. So much for the famine part.
As for the feast, well, I have recently begun praying the Liturgy of the Hours. Thanks to some gift cards, I was able to afford the complete four volume set. Learning to pray this beautiful prayer of the Church has been on my spiritual wish list for some time. I believe God has called me at this time to do so.
Since my last retreat this past May, I have felt God sort of "tilling the soil" of my spiritual life. I have felt more drawn to prayer and meditation. The Liturgy of the Hours is a virtual spiritual feast in this regard. It provides more Scripture, spiritual reading and prayers than any Christian could ever ask for. Those of you who have been praying this prayer already know that.
I also feel that God is preparing me for some changes down the road. Once my annulment is either granted or denied, I think just what those changes are will become clearer.
This feast of prayer that I have been feeding on these last few weeks, I believe is connected to the famine. It really isn't a famine, but more a being led into the desert. The famine has just been in my writing~ Besides it made for a catchier title for this post :)
So having said all this, I am going to take a bit of a sabbatical from blogging for awhile. I will see where I am after September comes to a close and perhaps start up again then. We will see what the Holy Spirit has in mind at that point.
In the meantime, enjoy rummaging through my archives if you so desire. As I am not going into total seclusion or reclusion, The Front Porch remains open if you care to drop by. You will also most likely see me visiting your own blogs from time to time. I will keep you all in my prayers, and ask one or two from you every once in awhile.
Until the King gives this Daughter the go ahead to write again~ may He bless you all.

                                                         
Therefore, behold I will allure her, and will lead her into the wilderness: and I will speak to her heart. ~Hosea 2:14