Gratitude and Blessings


My title is spiritual~ese for out with the old and in with the new. This morning at Mass, Father thanked God for 2012 and asked for God's blessing upon 2013. I am not sure I have ever thought to do that myself.
While this past year of 2012 has certainly had its ups and downs both on a personal and global level, I am thankful to God for all of it. The downs can be learning experiences, and sometimes those painful little graces of humility. It is easy to be thankful for the ups or the good things that happen, but as St Paul tells the Thessalonians: "...in everything give thanks..."
So as 2012 comes to a close, I will give thanks to our gracious and merciful God for the good, the bad, and the ugly and I will ask Him for his blessing upon all of us throughout the coming year.
A Happy, healthy and blessed New Year to all who come by here.

Here are some links to help us start 2013 with our hearts and minds turned to God.
Prayer for the New Year(USCCB)
Spiritual Tips for the New (and any year)


Comments always welcome at The Front Porch.