Tuesday, October 18, 2011
In The Company of Stylish Bloggers
The Beautiful Gate has awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you for this honor and for counting me among so many other stylish blogs Mary.
So here are the rules for accepting this award: I am to tell you seven things about myself and then pass the award on to five other bloggers.
OK, so here are seven trivial facts about me:
1. Three things I would spend my last penny on~ Good chocolate, Godiva truffles are my all time favorite, good loose teas~Teavana is one of my favorite shops; their Early Grey Creme is absolutely heavenly. I am enjoying a cup of their Tiramisu Rooibos as I write this. And the third is a good book.
2. I hate malls. Actually I hate to shop and when I do it is usually online.
3. This blog started with a cookie. That's right; I was online one day looking for a cookie recipe and I happened upon a blog with a delicious pecan sandie recipe. I saw the "Create your own blog" link up at the top and on a whim figured I could do that. Never thought it would last though, but here I am almost 3 years and 661 posts later.
4. I am extremely uncomfortable in crowds and at parties. I prefer either being alone or in the company of one or two close friends.
5. My favorite place to be after with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is by the sea. Most of you know that already, but I am having a tough time making it to seven :)
6. I love a good project. The next one I am thinking of taking up is rosary making. I haven't gotten past the thought process on this one yet, but it keeps coming back to me so I am thinking perhaps Our Lady would like me to do this.
7. If I could go back to school and study anything, it would be Theology. I love studying my faith. Perhaps someday of time and money allow.
Now for the five bloggers I would like to pass this on to...
Judy at BenMakesTen
Colleen at Inadequate Disciple
Isaac at Praeceptorum Deus
Kathryn at Heart for God
Psalm 45: Canticle of Love to the King
My heart overflows with a good theme;
I address my verses to the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.
Gird Your sword on Your thigh, O Mighty One,
In Your splendor and Your majesty!
And in Your majesty ride on victoriously,
For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness;
Let Your right hand teach You awesome things.
Your arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under You;
Your arrows are in the heart of the King’s enemies.
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your fellows.
All Your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made You glad.
Kings’ daughters are among Your noble ladies;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.