Sunday, October 9, 2011

The King Asks For One Thing


My King has made His preparations. He has prepared a feast upon His Holy Mountain~ a feast of rich food and pure wine. The mountain was Calvary; the rich food His very Body and the pure wine His Precious Blood.  The table of the King is spread before me; I want for nothing.
My King knows that without Him, I have and can do nothing. He has prepared and offered it all. He has even provided the proper garment. My King asks for one thing and one thing only~acceptance of the invitation and the garment so as to be with Him always.

4 comments:

mary333 said...

Karin,
This is a very beautiful meditation. In very few words you have spoken volumes. I loved this post and the invitation too. Thank you!

Colleen said...

Amen! Beautiful. Hugs and blessings.

Karinann said...

Thanks Mary and Colleen. Nothing came to me that I thought worth writing until last night and even this final result is not where I thought the post would go~glad it did though.

theholyfaceofjesus said...

Beautiful post! Thank you.

Blessings,
Patricia

Closing Prayer

Psalm 45: Canticle of Love to the King

My heart overflows with a good theme;
I address my verses to the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.

Gird Your sword on Your thigh, O Mighty One,
In Your splendor and Your majesty!
And in Your majesty ride on victoriously,
For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness;
Let Your right hand teach You awesome things.
Your arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under You;
Your arrows are in the heart of the King’s enemies.

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your fellows.
All Your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made You glad.
Kings’ daughters are among Your noble ladies;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.