Headed For the Storm


Or perhaps we are right smack in the middle of it. With the breaking news of Pope Benedict XVI stepping down from the Chair of St Peter and Bishop of Rome, there have been as many reactions as there are people and news agencies to have them.
While I try not to read to much into the Pope's decision, or the talk it has illicited, I can't help but wonder if we are more into that final battle and trial that the Church must and will go through.
As if God wanted to confirm my wonderings, I came across Mark Mallet's recent post. It is a response to a letter he received from a reader. This reader seems to feel that a relationship with Christ is all that is needed. Loyalty to Christ's Church, well maybe not so much.
Mark does an excellent job of clearly and lovingly explaining not just to his reader, but to all of us, why loyalty to Christ's Church is necessary.
I urge you to read Mark's post. We all need to be alert, aware and attentive in the days, weeks, months and years ahead.
May the College of Cardinals entrusted with the task of electing the next Holy Father allow themselves to be led by the Holy Spirit.

And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 
~Matt. 16:18

Comments welcome at The Front Porch