Inner Peace

Inner peace seems to be, at times, a very elusive thing. However if we stay close to Christ it is one of His awesome graces. I came across this poem yesterday. See if you have any of the "symptoms". For me, I know that the gift of inner peace is always within me, but I can easily allow the days events and circumstances rob me of Christ's presence-therefore my inner peace. Let us all pray for the grace of inner peace by staying close to the Prince of Peace.

Symptoms of Inner Peace

A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on past experiences.

An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.

A loss of interest in judging other people.

A loss of interest in judging self.

A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.

A loss in interest in conflict.

A loss of the ability to worry. (This is a very serious symptom.)

Frequent, overwhelming episodes of appreciation.

Contented feelings of connectedness with others and nature.

Frequent attacks of smiling.

An increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.

An increased susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as the
uncontrollable urge to extend it.

-Saskia Davis


Comments