Waiting For Jesus

O Wisdom, you came forth from the mouth of the Most High, and reached from end to end, and disposed of all things sweetlyand mightily: come and teach us the way of prudence.
(Traditional "O" Antiphon)

Well here we are in the final days of the Advent season. Today the Church begins praying the "O" Antiphons. Each one of these seven prayers addresses the God who comes in Christ by a different biblical title.

I always become a little more excited at this point in the Advent season. Praying these antiphons enhances the anticipation of Christ's coming, at Christmas, at the end of time, but also His coming in the little ways he does each day.

"Waiting for Jesus" seemed to be the theme of my day today. On certain days I find myself in my office alone early in the morning. On these days I attempt to say my Rosary. I have found a site that brings a virtual image of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament to your computer screen (www.Savior.org) so it's like praying in the Presence of Jesus. This morning was one of those mornings but the image seemed to be having difficulty downloading to my computer. Well at first I was a little frustrated and disappointed, but then I realized I needed to wait for Jesus today- He had His reasons. Finally, while praying the last decade He came and stayed. During this time of prayer I began to think about how long He has waited for me and suddenly my frustration and disappointment faded.

Sometimes we do have wait for Him, but He always comes. Advent is a great reminder of that.

Comments