Mercy in My Soul


The Sunday following Easter is Divine Mercy Sunday. This feast is one of the greatest gifts of our Church. The April 5th edition of the National Catholic Register had a wonderful and informative article by Robert R. Allard explaining this great feast as it should be understood and celebrated. The article is a good reminder of how this Easter Week should be celebrated. Mr. Allard tells us that each of the days between Easter and Divine Mercy Sunday are all like a Sunday; they are solemnities.The link will take you to the article, Nothing to Fear on Mercy Day by Robert R. Allard. Mr. Allard is the director of the Apostles of Divine Mercy.
Our Lord Jesus said, "The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment. On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened. Let no soul fear to draw near to Me, even though its sins be as scarlet.... Mankind will not have peace until it turns to the Fount of My Mercy." (699) The plenary indulgence that was issued for Divine Mercy Sunday does not change the promises of Our Lord. Rather it provides the Church's highest mark of approval and endorsement and gives souls more time to go to Confession. (Congregation of Marians of the Immaculate Conception) Who could refuse an offer like that! I look forward to this awesome feast each year. As a side note, I also began my committment to Our Lord in my parish's Perpetual Adoration Chapel on Divine Mercy Sunday 6 years ago this month.
Check out the article and then celebrate this beautiful feast of Our Lord's precious gift of His mercy.
If you haven't read St. Faustina's Diary, it really is a must read. It is long, but very easy to read (and reread). It is set up much like the Catechism of the Catholic Church; paragraphs are numbered.
Happy and Blessed Divine Mercy Sunday!

Comments

RAnn said…
I'm writing to you because you've participated in the now-defunct Catholic Carnival. I'd be interested in continuing it, but as a meme, not a carnival. Rather than submitting a post to a carnival host, who would compile them and publish them, I propose to publish weekly, on my blog, a post titled St. Blog's Sunday Snippets highlighting any posts I would have submitted to the Catholic Carnival and inviting others to create similar posts on thier blogs, link to my post and leave a comment on my post giving a link to your post. If it isn't clear what I mean, check out my blog and look for the Mailbox Monday posts. My post is on my blog, and you'll see a link to the host blog. On the host blog, you'll see the master post, and all the links folks have left in the comments.

This is a lot less work than a carnival and would allow you to use your Sunday Snippets post to highlight and link to one or more of your posts and to any great links you have found that week.

I have set up a yahoo group from which I will post weekly reminders. Please subscribe if you are interested. Thanks. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunday_snippets