A Prayer of Adoration

I found this prayer of Adoration over at Vultus Christi. It is too beautiful not to share. The prayer follows this post. It seems to be written for priests but I believe can be prayed by all of us and offered for our priests. As I know many of you practice the devotion of Eucharistic Adoration, this is a wonderful prayer to bring with you to pray during your Holy Hour.
With all that is going on today and all the attacks against the Catholic Church, reparation is necessary; maybe more now than ever. This prayer touches on many of the things for which we need to make reparation.
If you have never made a Holy Hour, I urge you to spend some time with Jesus before the Blessed Sacrament. As I have said here before, my parish is blessed to have a Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel. My hour there is the best hour of my week. (Second only to Holy Mass of course) I know not everyone has this blessing, but a few extra minutes before or after Mass in front of the tabernacle will console our Lord's Sacred Heart just as well.
Thank you to Father Mark for this beautiful prayer.
A Sunday Adoration
I adore Thee who art present here before me. I adore Thee with all the love of my heart.
I adore Thee humbly. I adore Thee in faith.
I adore Thee because Thou art God ever worthy of all adoration,and because Thou hast called me to adore Thee in this the Sacrament of Thy Redeeming Love.
Here is Thy Blessed Passion, here Thy immolated Flesh, here Thy Precious Blood, here Thy holy and glorious wounds, here Thy pierced side, here Thy Sacred Heart all-burning with love, here Thy merciful priesthood exercised eternally on behalf of poor sinners,
here Thy adorable Face, so humiliated and disfigured in Thy bitter sufferings, and now so ineffably radiant and divinely beautiful.
All of this I adore so often as I bow low before the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
I adore Thee to thank Thee, insofar as I am able,for all the benefits that flow from this Most Holy Sacrament and, in particular, for those graces of purity, healing, and holiness that Thou reservest here for Thy priests.
All that Thou givest Thy priests, beloved Lord Jesus,redounds to Thy glory, because through them, as through "other selves" of Thine,Thou dost sanctify and speak to souls.
Through Thy priests Thou prolongest Thy saving sacrifice in the world from the rising of the sun to the setting thereof.
Through thy priests Thou givest pardon to the sinner, healing to the sick, hope to the despondent,and peace to those whose hearts are troubled.
I adore Thee, too, to make reparation for those who do not adore Thee present in this the Sacrament of Thy Love.
I adore Thee in reparation for those priests of Thine who,though charged with the Sacred Mysteries of Thy Body and Blood,have lost all sense of wonder, and rarely remain, freely and willingly,before Thy Eucharistic Face, close to Thy Eucharistic Heart.
I adore Thee, O Silent Word, in reparation for the noise and lack of reverence that so often fills Thy sanctuaries, and for the indifference and neglect that has befallen Thee in so many tabernacles where Thou art present, but forsaken.
I adore Thee, O Lamb of God, in reparation for my own innumerable sins and for the sins of my brother priests,trusting utterly in Thy boundless mercy and in Thy readiness to restore by Thy grace whatever we have lost by sin.
I adore Thee, Radiant Splendour of the Father, because in approaching Thee, I approach Thy Father,and because in adoring Thee I glorify Thy Father Who so loved the world that He sent Thee into it,that by Thy Sacrifice all creation might be cleansed and all things made new.
I adore Thee, Victim and Priest,begging Thee to unite me to Thy own oblation.
Draw me to Thy Open Heart by the action of Thy Holy Spirit,that through Thee, and with Thee, and in Thee,I may pass already from before this altar where I contemplate Thee hidden beneath the sacramental veils into the glory of Thy Kingdom where the praise of Thy Father in the Holy Spirit is perfect and unending.
Amen.

Comments