Fr. Robert Barron~The Danger Of Making Religion A Toy

Father Robert Barron is back with another of his insightful video posts. This one is on the dangers of making religion a toy. That phrase came from a comment made by one of his sound men who was hired during their last filming trip for Father's project The Catholicism Project. (Go to Word On Fire to read more about this amazing project)
Father Barron talks about how keeping religion on a shelf so to speak, as a pretty toy to take down every now and then is dangerous to the soul because we are, as he has said many times, "wired for God". The "who knows, who cares" attitude of secularism causes a person to substitute something for God~alcohol, drugs, sex, money, etc.
This also made me think about what Jesus said in Revelation about being lukewarm: " I know thy works, that thou art neither cold, nor hot. I would thou wert cold, or hot. But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, not hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth." (Rev. 3:15~16). He would rather see us be one extreme or the other, anything but lukewarm.
OK, I'll stop babbling and let you listen to Fr. Barron.


Comments