Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sea, Sand and Silence

Sunrise: Taken on my retreat in 2009

I am off for another week of retreat. This is truly a gift; I usually only manage one retreat a year. My job this year has been extremely busy and extremely stressful. I decided in February to use my second week of vacation for another retreat. St Joseph by the Sea offers these silent retreats four times a year~ May being the last one. I watched their website for the exact dates and sent my deposit in as soon as the dates posted. I figured if they had room, then that was God's way of saying I could and should do this.
God always seems to spoil me rotten during these days with Him and this Daughter of the King is expecting no less this time :)
I am looking forward to the silence and the sea; the two go so perfectly together and are extremely conducive to prayer.
As I write this I am not sure what my reading material will be. I have some Bernard of Claiveaux that I haven't read yet that may be good company.  Last September I brought Thomas Merton's Book of Hours; I may use that again for Morning and Evening Prayer. We will see what the Holy Spirit recommends.
I will keep you all in my prayers during this week by the sea. I will return next here next Sunday with another Sunday meditation post~perhaps something God and sea inspired.
To all of the mothers who read and follow this blog~ a very Happy Mother's Day to all of you.

3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes. Bon voyage et au revoir.

God bless.

Michael said...

Prayers for a blessed retreat!

Caroline said...

I pray for you to be 'spoiled rotten' as a precious daughter of the King. He does this for me too at least once a year.

blessings and +

Closing Prayer

Psalm 45: Canticle of Love to the King

My heart overflows with a good theme;
I address my verses to the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.

Gird Your sword on Your thigh, O Mighty One,
In Your splendor and Your majesty!
And in Your majesty ride on victoriously,
For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness;
Let Your right hand teach You awesome things.
Your arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under You;
Your arrows are in the heart of the King’s enemies.

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your fellows.
All Your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made You glad.
Kings’ daughters are among Your noble ladies;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.