The Hem Of His Garment


One of my all time favorite Scripture passages, and one that holds great meaning for me personally, is about the Woman with a Hemorrhage. It is often told in conjunction with the account of Jairus' Daughter. (see Luke 8:40~48). No matter who this woman went to, she could not be healed. It was not until she met the Divine Physician that her healing could occur. Shame accompanied this woman for twelve years because of her condition.
In my own life shame and guilt over an abortion I had accompanied me for 14 years until a friend invited me to return to my faith. It was through his gentle explanation about relationship with Jesus that I was able to seek the help I needed in returning to Christ and His Church. I was much like this woman at that time. I was afraid to approach Jesus, but new I had to risk it. If everything my friend said was true, then Jesus was my only answer. My friend was right. Five months later I signed up to make a Rachel's Vineyard retreat and it was on that weekend I met Jesus as if for the first time and felt His touch through the compassion of His priests and others who had traveled this same or similar road,
The song One Touch (Press) by Nicole C. Mullen is a beautiful interpretation of this Scripture passage. The healing this woman experienced is one I can relate to and it is there for all and any who need it. It just takes one touch.

Comments

Thank you Karinann.

That friend of yours is blessed indeed. To be the way which led someone else to Christ is an honor indeed. I'm glad you met him and he did what he did.

May God bless you and protect you always. And your friend too.
momOf3 said…
Thank you Karianne! I always believe that there is no accident in life. God allows things to happen so that when we find our way back we become more united to Him. Like finally coming home after an arduous journey or after a battle that looked lost. Thank God for His infinite mercy. And thank you again.
CWrites said…
Karinann, the song, the scripture, and your own experience of receiving healing from the Divine Physician are great reasons to Praise and Thank God! Wonderful that he orchestrated your return through that friend. I remember reading about that earlier in your posts.
Unknown said…
Thank you Victor, Momof3 and Colleen.
I will always be grateful to God and to my friend for allowing God to use him in my return to Christ and His Church. Unfortunately, my friend and I have severed our ties, but God provided that brief window to allow for him to be an instrument that led to my healing and for that I will always love him and be grateful to him.