What's My Patronage?


Mary of The Beautiful Gate has tagged me for this very heavenly meme. Assuming you are a saint, and your cause has been executed, your miracles confirmed, your date on the calendar established, all that is required is to select that of which Holy Mother Church will name you Patron (ess).

Here are the rules:
*Name your patronage
*Tag 5 other saintly bloggers
*Give link to your nominator's post.

Well, let's see. The fact that I have made it through the pearly gates and past St Peter is a miracle in itself. I wonder if that would count as the first miracle attributed to my cause. Now past that, looking back at my life and especially my spiritual life, I guess I would have to say my patronage would be Patroness to the Spiritually Wounded. 
All of us are to some degree spiritually wounded, but some more than others and in different ways. My spiritual wounds manifested themselves in the form of my numbing myself spiritually and emotionally. As someone who has been the recipient of Christ's healing of my heart and soul, I desire the same for others. Since my healing began almost nine years ago, I have worked in a ministry (Rachel's Vineyard) that brings Christ's healing to those who have been deeply wounded spiritually and emotionally. Perhaps God and Holy Mother Church would feel that I should continue this in my saintly state.
As Mary related in her post about remembering her physical suffering during her years of chronic illness, I can remember what it  is like to wander through life spiritually and emotionally numb. I would greatly desire to intercede on these souls' behalf that God would use the same jackhammer He used on my high and thick walls   on theirs.

I invite the following bloggers to name their patronage:
Randy at Fishers of Men (blame Mary for this one, Randy and welcome to the world of memes :)

Comments

Mary N. said…
It's odd how a simple meme can touch a person's heart, Karin, and this is exactly what happened when I read your post. I felt an immediate witness in the spirit upon reading this. Maybe we all continue to intercede for what we are drawn to interceding for in a particular way here on earth. Maybe this is God's special gift to us both here on earth and in heaven. Your post is beautiful.

I told Randy you tagged him. He's going to attempt his first meme :) He didn't know what it really was at first because it's different from the weekly memes but I explained it to him and he immediately knew what he would like to be a patron saint of :)

Do you mind if I forward you an e-mail from Isaac? He has a question that I'm not sure how to answer with my limited computer knowledge. I'll explain in the e-mail tomorrow. God bless!
CWrites said…
Thanks for tagging me Karinann. I'll post tomorrow.
AAAAAH !!!

Another Meme.

Thanx Karinann for thinking of me ... but really !!!

I AM NO SAINT and will hardly ever be one seeing I falter and stumble all the time with my Faith.

Anyway ... please give me a few days to think about this and I'll join the meme on my Blog.

Thanx again Karinann. Please pray for this faltering soul.

God bless.
Unknown said…
Mary,
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I have to admit this was not an easy meme, but as you said to another commenter, sainthood is a requirement for heaven so perhaps the prayer work we are drawn to here will be what God will have us do in heaven as well. Go ahead and forward Isaac's e-mail-hopefully I can answer his question.

Colleen-looking forward to reading your post.

Victor,
I am no saint either, but then again most of the saints were not saints here on earth for much of their lives either. I believe that part of attaining sainthood is not living a perfect life (that is near impossible) but recognizing when we fall and having the humility and courage to get up and start again. I liked this meme because it made me think hard about what God is asking of me now, it made me see how He used my sins and brought good from them after I repented of them, and yes it made me realize that we are all called to be saints. I will pray for you as you asked, and I am also looking forward to reading your post :)

Blessings to you all.
CWrites said…
Spiritually numb and wounded and now Spiritually on fire that you are reaching out to bring Christ's healing to others. Glory to Jesus Christ!
Unknown said…
Thanks Colleen. Yes God has certainly lit a fire in me. I am doing things now that I would never have dreamed I'd do and hopefully all for His glory.
Randy said…
Finished!http://randythefisherman.blogspot.com/2011/08/patronage.html
Thanks for the tag.
Unknown said…
Thanks Colleen. I found doing this meme quite humbling. It is easy to say we will never be saints, but that type of holiness is exactly what God is calling us to. I agree; it does make us take a good honest look at our lives.
Hugs & blessings back :)
CWrites said…
Karinann, it took me a few days to think, pray, and read the Bible before doing this, but finally managed to publish the post at http://inadequatedisciple.blogspot.com/2011/08/patronage-meme.html

It was a blessing to prepare and write this post. Thank you.
Glenna said…
Hi Karin, Haven't had much online time the last few weeks. But I'm going to put up a post on this because I think it's a great meme!