Sunday, June 10, 2012

Approaching The King


Jesus, my Lord, God and King,
You give Yourself freely and completely to me, sinner that I am. 
You hold nothing back for Yourself. 
Your Sacred Body, Precious Blood, Your Soul and Divinity, all there behind the veils of bread and wine.
How do You, my King, wish to be received by one such as me?
And You answer:
Approach Me in poverty of spirit, as the widow who gave from her poverty.
Come to receive Me in your thirst, as the woman at Jacob's well who longed for the Living Water.
Stand before Me in humility, as Peter did when He asked Me to depart from him, a sinful man, but as I never left him, know that I will not leave you.
Come and kneel at My feet with the love and attentiveness of Mary Magdalen.
When You approach Me in this way, emptied of the trappings of the world, I will fill your spirit, quench your thirst, raise you in your humility and love you with an everlasting love.
You will want for nothing, and I Who give everything in the Sacrament of My love,
 will be praised and glorified.

Closing Prayer

Psalm 45: Canticle of Love to the King

My heart overflows with a good theme;
I address my verses to the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.

Gird Your sword on Your thigh, O Mighty One,
In Your splendor and Your majesty!
And in Your majesty ride on victoriously,
For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness;
Let Your right hand teach You awesome things.
Your arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under You;
Your arrows are in the heart of the King’s enemies.

Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your fellows.
All Your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made You glad.
Kings’ daughters are among Your noble ladies;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.