The Sacred Heart of Jesus: Throne of God's Love


There are many beautiful writings on the Sacred Heart of Jesus. As I was praying about which of them to post here, I felt somewhat drawn to go in a different direction.
Nothing in God's time is circumstantial; everything happens according to His perfect time. If we are open to His rhythms, we will see this and receive the blessings and graces God wishes to bestow on us through specific events~ both great and small.
Case in point...
Yesterday, I came upon a post that gave a link to a powerful testimony of a  woman who died after being struck by lightning, but was given the merciful gift of returning to this life. She returned a converted woman, a converted soul. I have read several stories of near death experiences, but perhaps none as powerful as that of Gloria Polo.
Many of you who read this blog also read Mary's at The Beautiful Gate. (the blog where I found the link to Gloria's story) So I post of Gloria Polo's testimony, not so much for those who have already read it, but for those who may have stumbled upon this blog while "NetSurfing".
To read this woman's testimony without the thought or awareness of God's infinite Mercy would be for the reader to be thrown into despair. Read with grateful awareness of the love and mercy of God, the reader can be brought to conversion of heart.
Nowhere better is the love and mercy of God revealed and manifested than through the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ. I said earlier, that nothing in God's time is circumstantial. Today is the Solemnity of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. I find it rather providential that Mary posted about this woman's testimony yesterday, and that I finished reading it today on this great feast day.
 Reading Gloria Polo's testimony had a very powerful effect on me. Even as one who has turned back to God, I can still see that there is so much room for deeper conversion. I could not dare to look at myself to see this (and more) without the love and mercy that pours from our Savior's Sacred Heart.
A great deal of Gloria Polo's testimony deals with the sin of abortion. She goes into great detail about what Jesus revealed to her in her judgement before Him about how much this sin grieves Him.
 As most of you who read this blog know, I committed this grievous sin 24 years ago. It was only through Our Lord's love and mercy, along with the prayers and courage of a dear friend, that I was able to admit to myself and to God what I had done and return to Him.
We in the United States, live in a country where the ability to commit this sin was made the law of the land in 1973 under Roe vs. Wade. We have much for which we need to make reparation! According to the National Right to Life site, over 54 million abortions have been performed since 1973! (and that's just the USA)
In Pope Paul IV's very prophetic encyclical, Humane Vitae, he spells out how abortion, in a sense, is the tip of the iceberg, the end result so to speak. He speaks about how contraception, and overall immorality will lead to the increase in the number of abortions. In looking at our culture today and the statistics for abortion, we can see, sadly, how right he was.
Our Blessed Lord's Sacred Heart, today perhaps more than ever, continues to be offended, ignored and outraged. It is up to those who love Him to make reparation and console Our Lord's Sacred Heart, the throne of God the Father's love.
Please join me in praying the Prayer of Reparation to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. May we love Him for those who do not.