A Book Review~Fr. Elijah

This is just one of my own book reviews, not the ones I do for Catholic Company. I just finished Michael D. O'Brien's Father Elijah. Not in a very long time have I come away from a book feeling like it was one of the best things I have ever read. If you haven't read this book, I strongly recommend putting it on your "to read" list. It is not a quick read; it comes in at just under 600 pages. It is an apocalyptic novel and very prophetic as well. The book is classifed as fiction, but it will have you wondering about that. The book was written in the late 1990's, but describes much of what seems to be going on in the world and in the Catholic Church today.
One of the things I liked best about the book is that the characters become very real; it didn't take me long to feel like I had known Fr. Elijah and company.
You can go here to the Ignatius Press website to read a full summary of the book.
Next on my list of Michael O'Brien books~ Strangers and Sojourners.
Happy Reading!

Comments