In Loving Memory


For I know that my Redeemer liveth, and on the last day I shall rise out of the earth.
~Job 19:25

This Sunday I am breaking from my regular Sunday Meditations in order to remember my grandfather who passed away this Friday. While he will be missed, this is not a sad death~my grandfather lived to be 100 years old and was never seriously ill a day in his life. He also had the full capacity of his very sharp mind right up through his last day. He died at home, peacefully in his sleep on Friday morning. Today my family will celebrate his wonderful life.
I would ask that you pray for the repose of his soul and to keep my family in your prayers as well.
As is my usual custom on Sundays, I am closing comments for this post but thank you in advance for your prayers.

Carlo Johns
July 8, 1909~November 13, 2009

Eternal rest grant him O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he and all the faithful departed rest in Your peace.
Amen.