Visions: A Book Review

I recently read Visions by fellow Catholic blogger Victor S E Moubarak. Visions is the story of three teens to whom Jesus appears in a park. Jesus has a message for the children; they are to tell their priest, Fr. Ignatius, to pray for peace.
As word of the apparition gets around, the children and their families face persecution from outsiders, but also from those within their own church community. Fr. Ignatius also deals with his own fears and crisis of faith, but comes through in the end.
The characters in this story are very real and you will come to know them well by the story's end. Fr. Ignatius is the kind of parish priest everyone would like to have in their own parish. For anyone who has ever read any of Jan Karon's Mitford series, the episcopal priest, Fr. Tim in her books, would get along famously with Fr. Ignatius.
Victor does an outstanding job of developing his characters and making them people we can all relate to.
I know many of you have already read the book, but for those who have not, it is definitely one to add to your reading list.
You can read my review and those of others by visiting Victor's blog Time For Reflections, and clicking on the Amazon reviews link on his sidebar. You can also read excerpts there. While visiting his blog, you can also read other Fr. Ignatius posts.

Comments

Bernie said…
I so love Father Ignatius and Victor's book. Victor has such a soft and kind way with his writing, so enjoyed it as well.
.........:-) Hugs
Unknown said…
Bernie- I agree about Victor's writing.

Colleen- Victor's Fr Ignatius reminds me of Karon's Fr Tim. I think you would enjoy this book.
Thank you Karinann for this lovely write up of my book. And thank you Bernie for your kind comments.

Thanx Colleen for helping me with my E Book project. I'm still working on it and may still require your help/advice.

God bless you friends.
Mary N. said…
I'm a fan, too! The Father Ignatius stories are beautiful :)
Sarah said…
I thought of the Mitford series while I was reading Visions, too!