Act Of Consecration To The Most Precious Blood


July is the month dedicated to the most precious Blood of Christ. Our salvation was bought with Our Lord shedding every drop of His precious blood. Let us consecrate ourselves to Him more deeply during this month dedicated to His life saving blood.
More prayers to the Precious blood of Christ can be found by clicking the image at the top of this page.


Act of Consecration to the  Most Precious Blood
Blood of Jesus, inebriate me! O Jesus, my Beloved Savior, ever present in the Tabernacle, to be the strength, the joy and the food of souls, I come to consecrate myself to Thy Precious Blood, and to pledge Thee my sincere love and fidelity. Pierced with sorrow at the remembrance of Thy sufferings, the contemplation of the Cross, and the thought of the outrages and contempt lavished by ungrateful souls upon Thy dear Blood, I long, O my Jesus, to bring joy to Thy Heart, and to make Thee forget my sins, and those of the whole world, by consecrating my body and soul to Thy service. I desire, my Jesus, to live henceforth, only by Thy Blood and for Thy Blood. I now choose It as my greatest treasure and the dearest object of my love. 
O merciful Redeemer, deign to regard me as a perpetual adorer of Thy Most Precious Blood, and be pleased to accept my prayers, my deeds and my sacrifices, as so many acts of reparation and love. 
Heavenly Wine, giver of purity and strength, pour down upon my soul. Make of my heart a living chalice from which grace shall constantly flow on those that love Thee, and especially on poor sinners that offend Thee. Teach me to honor Thee and to make Thee honored by others. Give me power to draw to Thee cold and hardened hearts, that they may feel how infinitely Thy consolations surpass those of the world.
O Blood of my Crucified Savior, detach me from the world, and the spirit of the world. Make me love suffering and sacrifice, after the example of St. Catherine of Sienna, who loved Thee so much [and whom I choose again today as my special patroness]. 
O Precious Blood, be my strength amid the trials and struggles of exile. Grant that at the hour of death I may be able to bless Thee for having been the comfort and the sanctification of my soul, before becoming, in Heaven, the everlasting object of my love and praise.
Saints of God, who owe thy happiness to the Blood of Jesus; Angelic spirits, who sing Its glory and power, august Virgin, who to It owest the privileges of thine Immaculate Conception and Divine Maternity, help me to pay to the Precious Blood of my Redeemer a perpetual homage of adoration, reparation and thanksgiving. 
Amen. 

Comments

Anne said…
Karinann, I learn so much from you! I did not know that this month is dedicated to the Precious Blood of Christ. The consecration prayer is beautiful! Thank you so much for this!
Unknown said…
Thanks Anne. You can always find the dedication for each month with prayers at the top of my blog. OCD Sister(http://louangedesagloire.blogspot.com/) also has them on hers as well as the dedications for each day.
Judy Dudich said…
Just yesterday I thought to myself: "Hmmm...perhaps I can find a nice prayer to say each day with the kids in honor of the Most Precious Blood of Christ this month"...THANK YOU KARINANN...you took care of that VERY QUICKLY for me!
Mary N. said…
I didn't know that July was dedicated to the precious blood, either! A third reason to like July! (The other two being my husband's and daughter's birthdays are this month!)

When I pray I often ask Jesus to spill a drop of His Precious Blood on those I pray for. I especially offer this for the souls in purgatory! Thanks for the link to more prayers. I might not have much time to post during the summer but I still find the time to pray :)
Unknown said…
Thanks ladies.
Judy- Glad you found the prayer to pray with your kids.

Mary- glad you liked the prayers. Happy birthday to your husband and daughter.

Colleen- I also learn from you and all the others I read.

Hugs & Blessings to you all.