A Prayerful Meme

Mary at The Beautiful Gate tagged me for this meme. I am to list and tell about my three favorite prayers and then tag five others. Since this meme has been going around for awhile, as usual I am going to be the one to break the rules a bit. Just about anyone I could tag for this has been tagged, so if you are reading this and have not, please feel free to join in this prayer~filled meme.

My 3 favorite prayers are (in no particular order):
1. The Anima Christi- I love this prayer because I always feel "wrapped in Christ" when I pray it or that I am wrapping others on Christ when I pray it for someone else.

2. The Jesus Prayer- I love the humility and simplicity of this prayer.

3. Prayer of Abandonment by Bl. Charles de Foucauld- This beautiful prayer reminds me that God is control of everything and that I need to place my entire life in His hands.

Here are the prayers in their entirety.


The Anima Christi
Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints 

and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen 





The Jesus Prayer
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on me a sinner.






Prayer of Abandonment
Father,
I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you
with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father. 

Comments

Anne said…
Your prayer choices are lovely Karinann. I think you read my recent post about Submission to Love by Carlo Caretto-the entire book was devoted to this prayer and it was excellent! You'd probably enjoy it very much! It was written in the 1970's so it had a very post-Vatican II flavor that dated it a bit, but his words! He writes with so much love for God and tremendous wisdom!
Mary N. said…
These are great prayers. Anima Christi is one of my favorites. The second prayer is one I throw up to the Lord quite often (sometimes many times per day). The prayer of abandonment is beautiful and opens us up to God's will instead of our own. I don't know how often I've thought that I've known better than the Lord what I need in my life only to realize that I don't know what's truly good for me at all :)
Unknown said…
Thanks Ladies.
Anne thanks for the book recommendation- I am always looking for good spiritual reading.

Mary- I did see the Anima Christi on your list as well. As for knowing what I need better than God- well let's just say that I often need to understand the difference between need and want :)

Blessings and Hugs to you both!
Hi Karinann,

Great post as always. You're right ... everyone sems to have been tagged on this Meme. I even tagged myself ...

God bless.
Unknown said…
Thanks for stopping by, Victor and since you tagged yourself, you are definitely it :)
God Bless!