If We Ever Needed Him

I am not sure why, but I always seem to be amazed at how God uses the simple little everyday pleasures of my life to speak to me. This really shouldn't surprise me. Two things I find great pleasure in are  music and reading. God used both of those things today to speak to me.
The song by Casting Crowns, If We Ever Needed You speaks volumes to me and is a heartfelt prayer. The group wrote the song when a member of their church was killed while serving in Iraq. The song became for them, a way to work through the grief of that experience. When I hear this song, I think of our world today, not just the war being fought in the Middle East, but the war being fought right here in our midst~ the war for life, and for God. Both are being extinguished from our world and from this country. So yes, if we ever needed Him, we need Him NOW!
Indeed we do need God now and always, but He also has need of us in a way. Certainly God being God, He doesn't really need us, but as His children He requires of us our service to Him. He asks us to spread His Word and make Him known. He asks us to draw souls to Him through prayer and sacrifice. This fact was brought to mind today through a post I read by Fr. Slusz on his blog Come, Holy Spirit. His post, Do We Recognize the Messiah? is a spiritual pep talk of sorts. I don't know about you, but I need this shot in the arm every now and then.
The song and this post seemed to work together, at least for me. In order for the chaos of this world to stop, we need to remember that we do need God, and to need Him we need to recognize Him in His Son Jesus whom He sent as Messiah.
Enjoy the song and Fr. Slusz's post.

Comments

Michael said…
Love Casting Crowns ... and this song.

And you are so right, we really need Him now!
Unknown said…
Thanks Michael- glad you enjoyed the song.