Saints Anne And Joachim


Today the Church remembers Sts. Anne and Joachim. Tradition holds that they were the parents of our Blessed Mother and therefore the earthly grandparents of Our Lord.
Not much past that is known of them. However they serve as shining examples of Godly parenthood and grandparenthood for all families.
Many women also pray to St Anne when trying to conceive or for her intercession when choosing a husband.
For today's feast I offer you this prayer in praying for their intercession. I also offer you this video and song by Sanctus Real. In these days when so many families and marriages struggle to hold on, may these powerful saints intercede for them and may all couples and families see them as an example of a good Christian marriage where couples and families put their trust in God.

Prayer To Sts Anne and Joachim
Great and glorious patriarch, St Joachim, and good St Anne, what joy is mine when I consider that you were chosen among all God's holy ones to assist in the fulfillment of the mysteries of God, and to enrich our earth with the great Mother of God, Mary most holy.
By this singular privilege, you have become most powerful with both the Mother and her Son, so as to be able to obtain for us the graces that are needful to us.
With great confidence I have recourse to your mighty protection, and I commend to you all my needs, both spiritual and temporal, and those of my family.
Especially do I entrust to your keeping the particular favour that I desire and look for from your intercession.
And since you were a perfect pattern of the interior life, obtain for me the grace to pray earnestly, and never to set m heart on the passing goods of this life. Give me a lively and enduring love for Jesus and Mary.
Obtain for me also a sincere devotion and obedience to Holy church and the sovereign pontiff who rules over her, in order that I may live an die in faith and hope and perfect charity.
Let me ever invoke the holy Names of Jesus and Mary.And may I thus be saved.
 Amen.
 (Prayer from Catholic Prayers)

Comments

David said…
Karinann, that video moved me almost to tears.

Sts Anne and Joachim, please help me to be a faithful husband and father!