The Mercy Of Our Lord In The Eucharist


 As a Catholic lay woman I may never know the Mass, and more precisely, the moment of Consecration as a priest does or should. However I do stand in humble awe of it and am eternally grateful for Christ's gift of His priesthood without which we would not have the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.
This reflection by Fr. Kosicki recounts a mystical experience he had during an hour of adoration with Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. It is powerful and deeply moving.
I offer this reflection on this Thursday, the day which Jesus instituted the Priesthood, in honor of priesthood and for all our priests who act in Persona Christi.



On Thursday, when I went to my cell, I saw over me the Sacred Host in great brightness. Then I heard a voice that seemed to be coming from above the Host: "In the Host is your power; it will defend you." After these words, the vision disappeared, but a strange power entered my soul, and a strange light as to what our love for God consists in; namely, in doing His will.
During this hour of prayer, Jesus allowed me to enter the Cenacle, and I was a witness to what happened there. However, I was most deeply moved when, before the Consecration, Jesus raised His eyes to heaven and entered into a mysterious conversation with His Father. It is only in eternity that we shall really understand that moment. His eyes were like two flames; His face was radiant, white as snow; His whole personage full of majesty, His soul full of longing. At the moment of Consecration, love rested satiated–the sacrifice fully consummated. Now only the external ceremony of death will be carried out–external destruction; the essence [of it] is in the Cenacle. Never in my whole life had I understood this mystery so profoundly as during that hour of adoration. Oh, how ardently I desire that the whole world would come to know this unfathomable mystery!

Tell My Priests: The Words of Our Lord to Priests About His Mercy
Fr. George W. Kosicki

Comments

Anne said…
Wow! Wouldn't it be something to see Christ with His eyes like flames?