Saturday, June 13, 2009
The Honest Scrap Award
Judy at Ben Makes Ten has graciously awarded me this Honest Scrap award. Thank you, Judy; not just for the award, but for your constant support and friendship. In accepting this award, I am to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award. 2) Share "ten honest things" about myself. 3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me. 4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it :)
I have taken care of #1 on this list ~now for #2 ~10 honest things about myself.
1. I love teaching; it is the one aspect of my job that does not feel like work.
2. I returned to Christ and His Church 7 years ago after being away for about 20 years.
3. I have lived in the states of Connecticut, North Carolina and NJ~NJ is my home state.
4. I am a coffee addict~ I'm sure there is a 12- step program for that somewhere :)
5. I have one younger sister.
6. I started blogging on a whim last November.
7. I am an avid reader with not enough time to read all I want.
8. I attended Catholic school for 12 years.
9. The failure of my marriage has taught me forgiveness and humility.
10. I try to make Christ the center of my life.
I now pass this award on to the following bloggers:
1. Colleen at Thoughts on Grace~ Her blog shines with her faith and she shares her insight into
many things. Check out her Sabbath Moments Meme beginning today.
2. Mary Rose at True Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter~ Mary Rose loves to share her faith;
her posts are so inspiring!
3. Simple Beauty' s blog is great fun; you never know what she will be into next. I love her posts
on modest dressing. She has truly tried to listen to God in this area and the result is beautiful.
Stop by her blog tomorrow around noon for her 4th Street Cafe.
4. Deanna at Home Haven Ministry~ here at this blog you will feel God's touch in Deanna's
charming hospitality. She opens her heart and her home to all of us each day. Her blog is a
lovely example of loving God and neighbor.
5. Violin Mamma at A Rosey Outlook on Life~ That she certainly has. Her blog is as lovely as
she is. She always has a kind and encouraging word to leave in my comment box.
6. Heartfelt Heartlook is always good for some insightful and inspiring blogging. Her faith shines
through her writing.
7. Maria at My Irish Catholic Family is new to the blogging world, but it is clear from her first
few posts that she loves God and her family.
Thank you all for your inspiration and friendship.
Psalm 45: Canticle of Love to the King
My heart overflows with a good theme;
I address my verses to the King;
My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
You are fairer than the sons of men;
Grace is poured upon Your lips;
Therefore God has blessed You forever.
Gird Your sword on Your thigh, O Mighty One,
In Your splendor and Your majesty!
And in Your majesty ride on victoriously,
For the cause of truth and meekness and righteousness;
Let Your right hand teach You awesome things.
Your arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under You;
Your arrows are in the heart of the King’s enemies.
Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of joy above Your fellows.
All Your garments are fragrant with myrrh and aloes and cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made You glad.
Kings’ daughters are among Your noble ladies;
At Your right hand stands the queen in gold from Ophir.