Thankful Thursday~The Year of the Priest


Heavenly Father,
I thank You for Your beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ the Eternal High Priest.
I thank You for the priests in my parish and for those who I am privileged to work with in ministry.
I thank You for the priest who baptized me, gave me my First Communion and heard my first confession.
I thank You for the priest who heard my first confession after 20 years away from You and Your Church.
I thank You for the priest who has been a source of constant help and support through the break up of my marriage.
I thank You for the priests who share their vocations and edify me in my faith through their blogs.
I thank You for the priesthood and for the selfless and courageous men who answer Your call to serve You.
I thank You, Heavenly Father that through the priesthood, Jesus makes himself present to us on the altar each and every day and desires to give himself to us Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity in Holy Communion.
I offer You this prayer, Father in Jesus' name.
Amen.

Comments

RAnn said…
Beautiful. Thanks for joining us.